Costs of the fertility therapy
Before you start the therapy you should check your health insurance, to see what they will cover and what not. You can also request an application for reimbursement at your health insurance. We will help you to fill out all of the information they need.
What does the social health insurance pay?
The social health insurance pays around 50 % of the costs.
- Max. 8 inseminations in a spontaneous cycle
- Max. 3 Inseminations in a stimulated cycle
- And max. 3 IVF or ICSI therapies
This will take the following requirements:
- The couple has to be married
- The woman has to be at least 25 years old and is not older than 39 years.
- The man has to be at least 25 years old and is not older than 49 years.
- Both of them are not allowed to be sterilized
- We are only allowed to use ovum and sperms from the couple.
If the couple does not fulfill all of these request they have to pay the complete therapy on their own.For being capable to settle up the bills with the social insurance we need some special paper forms (§121a SGB V).
Because of the requirements planning in Baden-Württemberg, the Fertility centre in Bad Cannstatt is only allowed to settle up with the social insurance at the insemination, even if you would be allowed to get an IVF and ICSI as well.
The private insurance usually pays more than the social insurance. Also the number of tries for the Insemination, ICSI, IVF, etc. is usually unlimited. It also does not matter how old you are and if you are married or not. But the chance for you to become pregnant has to be at least at 15 % for them, to cover the costs. They pay, if the reason for the childlessness is the insured person. The therapy of the partner, who is not the main issue, will be covered as well.